Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Chinese....

Hello! It's been weeks since I updated this blog hehehe. So sorry for the hiatus though... Anyway the main thing right now is to wish everyone A Happy Chinese New Year! If you're not celebrating it then...enjoy the holidays guys! And if you're not even in Malaysia, well then....I actually don't know lol. So, been pretty busy getting ready for CNY, cleaning the house and all that(even though I haven't celebrated CNY since my grandpa's passing...) but it's still sorta like a tradition? To umm..clean the house up and stuff and have a family reunion dinner I guess. Okay, okay, I am Chinese but I don't really know what's going on or like what traditions we have. You could say I was raised in a Chinese but westernised family. Even for CNY, we had lasagna, steamboat and lamb. Not really the typical Chinese meal right? I'm like......a chinese reject LOL well not really because I'm not like pure Chinese. Somewhere along my dad's side of the family there is Melanau and Italian but I'm not sure about the Italian. But I'm definitely like 1/5 Melanau or something. Which is why my dad always gets mistaken for being bumiputra hahahahahahah it's so funny when people come up and talk to him in malay.

Moving on, today was the first day of CNY and we didn't do much. Just got some angpao's from close family members. I felt like a pig for sleeping literally the whole morning after I got my angpaos. Ever since last year, I don't find Chinese New Year exciting anymore. I don't know what happened. Maybe I just grew out of it or maybe it just isn't the same anymore. The only thing I look forward for is the new clothes that I get to buy(bought the most clothes this year hohoho) but other than that I don't find anything else fun. I don't like going visiting any more because I find it so awkward and FYI I am a really awkward person. There are so many things I find awkward when going visiting. Specially when there is this sudden silence where no one talks at all and you're just sitting there waiting for someone to say something or thinking about something to say... It's like, yikes awkwardness +100.

Oh! And I just came back from The Spring with the family and it was a surprise because it was the first time I've been to Spring and so many shops weren't open because of CNY. There were still people though...And I finally got mom to get me a scarf!!!!!!! HAPPINESS OVERLOAD I SWEAR.



Anyway, even though it's a holiday I've still gotta do some studying ;-; Not to mention I have a moral and chemistry paper to finish. Oh my god........It's not cool okay. I mean, to have to do homework while having a festive holiday. So recently, I've been stressing too much in school and nothing has inspired me to write lately. I'm sincerely so sorry and I will try and write more!

That's all for now though :>


 ,xxx

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com